Rubber Joist Isolator and Floater
High Quality EPDM Rubber Joist Isolators and Floor Floaters made in the USA. Support and acoustically isolate floor framing members, to lessen the sound waves passing from one side of the structure to the other. U Boats are sized to fit standard 2" thick joists.
EPDM Rubber U-Boat Floor Floaters (otherwise known as Damping Shoes or C-Channel Suspension Isolators) support and acoustically isolate floor framing members, to lessen the sound waves passing from one side of the structure to the other. The U-Boats are extruded from EPDM Rubber that is formulated to reduce or eliminate vibrations.
Dimensions / Specifics:
U-Boats are shaped to accommodate standard joist dimensions, and molded to fit around the edge of any 2 by X joist.
- Width: 1.5” (38.1mm)
- Height: 2.125” (54.0mm)
- Length: 2” (50.08mm)
- Thickness: Sides- .313” (7.9mm); Base- .5” (12.7mm)
- Color: Black
- High Quality: Made in the HSA
What is EPDM?
EPDM Rubber (Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomer) is comparable to Neoprene Rubber, however it surpasses it in performance and is a more eco-friendly option. Specifically, it has outstanding resistance to abrasion, hydraulic fluids, alkalis, heat, ozone, and weather.
How Many Do I Need?
- If Joist Spacing is 24” OC, U Boats should be installed at a minimum of 16” OC along the joist and should not exceed 24” OC.
- If Joist Spacing is between 12” and 16” OC, U Boats should be installed at a minimum of 16” OC along the joist and should not exceed 32” OC.
- TIP: If Joist Spacing is 16” OC with U Boats installed at 16” OC on joist, multiply the total square footage of your room by 2/3 to calculate approximate U Boats needed.
To add additional soundproofing properties to your floor, Insulation Products from our product lines is recommended. For expert Noise Control advice, please contact us at (02) 8893-1523 and our Trained Acoustical Design Consultant is standing by to help you plan your Noise Control project.